Tuesday, September 2, 2014

On Elves...

My trusty Computer Dictionary Definition:

elf [elf]
(plural elves [elvz])
n
1.
small supernatural mischief-maker: in folklore, a small lively imaginary being resembling a human with pointed ears, often considered to have a mischievous nature and magical powers
2.
small mischievous person: any small person, especially a child, who plays pranks or tricks


To Me:
Elves are some of my favorite magical creatures. Depending on the type of elf you think of.
My favorite kinds of elves are tall, strong, and filled with beauty and knowledge. They seek in books, and in history, and present to find answers to questions that will further aid them in life. They are warriors of great skill. Their lives are longer lived than other's.
They Can be mischievous, yes, but I personally think J.R.R. Tolkien's Elves are very close to my idea of elves. Solemn, wise, beautiful.

But, everybody's ideas differ from another's.

Then there are always Santa's Elves. Which personally I would have to say I like the elves in The Santa Clause.

That's just me...I think...

Elves are experts on gleaning supplies from their surroundings. I would say they also take the most pleasure in books...but that would be lying, and you really don't want a centaur on your back. That could become painful.

Until Next timewhen I don't know what the topic will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment